You all know I have a LOVE for saving money and getting things for free. I haven't really had any super great deals lately. BUT, lo and behold, it's Super Double coupons. Which means, coupons up to $1.99 will double (so, my $1.50 off coupon means I get $3.00 off)! Anyways, so I went and stocked up on some great things for CHEAP! The following picture (not pictured but included in the price is a 24 pk of Deer Park Water) is everything I got.
The total price that I paid out of pocket: $2.22!
My total savings: $87!
I was SO excited. Tim laughed at me as I rambled on and on about how I love getting things for free.
Paint
We decided we wanted to do some more things to our house - so we went and started painting again. We redid the kitchen - by painting, rearranging the table, and adding some cuteness to the dull area.
Then we continued on with the redecorating. Which brings me to:
Pennies
We have been wanting to rearrange and get new furniture that semi-matches for our living room. We looked around and realized that the only things we have really bought in our entire apartment is our mattress and a microwave (to replace the one that blew up). So, finally we decided to redo our living room. We decided, hey we have all of these coins - let's use them. So we went to the bank and we cashed in $85 (but we didn't use many of the pennies)! Over half of our new living room paid for in coins! Anyways, here is the before and after!
3 comments:
Love these stories! I had to skip part of that whole Super Doubel Coupons business because i was getting queasy. Our store never doubles above 55 cents.
As for the entertainment center. I like it a lot, especially the baskets. We have that kind of get-up too. It took me a minute to figure out where I had seen that silver box in the slot on the left - dad's house. It was weird.
I am up too late and going to bed now.
Alrighty... I need you to get me some free ziploc bags. :) I love the changes you've made to your apartment. I'll have to come see them in person some time. Hope all is well!
What? No more octagonal end tables? Oh well. Stephen has the matching coffee table if you need to get rid of them! Congrats on the savings!
Post a Comment