Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Week 2: January 8-January 14

I know I am a date late posting this, but it has been written and thought about countless times! 

January 8-January 14: I am thankful for my parents & their selfless ways. Especially this weekend, they have just been on my mind. My parents are the greatest example I could ever ask for - of a marriage, of parents, of people striving to find their place, of strength, and of wisdom. In my job where I am facing struggling parents and parents who have given up, I just see my parents shine through and I think "I am blessed." Back to their selfless ways - this weekend, Tim's car just died. We ran around, made phone calls, and were trying to figure out how to get to work when we are about 70 miles away from each other during the day. After looking into rental cars, I get a phone call. My Dad called me and said "Mom and I can make it work, borrow our car." Thankfully we turned out to only need it Monday, but they were willing to make arrangements for the whole week, despite the fact they both were working. It saved us significant time, stress, and money. That is only one example. Later in the year I will probably go into specifics with my parents individually - but this week, it is for the fact that they are selfless. They always seek to help others despite whatever is going on in their lives. They serve and expect nothing in return. My parents are my greatest role models and I am truly blessed.


2 comments:

C. Brodie said...

I think this was said PERFECTLY! I agree 100%!

T. Brodie said...

Now that *Chris* agrees, I concur. Love you!