Thursday, March 5, 2009

Buddha.

I went to a Buddhist meditation service last night. Tim had to work so he didn't go but my dad decided he would come with me. An interesting experience to say the least but enjoyable.

The entire service lasted about 40 minutes but the time absolutely flew by. During meditation, I found myself loving every minute of it because it was a time to sit still. When does that happen? When can I just sit and think and relax to the core of me and be okay? Life goes so fast that it seems like I can't even sleep because of too much to do. Like right now, I'm cooking lunch, blogging, sorting papers, opening mail, cutting coupons, and filing papers.

My meditation time last night was so nice. Despite I doubt I "truly" cleared my mind, it was so relaxing to just sit at peace with myself. I won't ever search for Buddhahood or their enlightenment, but I loved the idea of meditation to listen to the wisdom within yourself. The silence and peace of not DOING anything was also really nice.

2 comments:

T. Brodie said...

Was this a class assignment, or just a spontaneous thing? I think I think too much to even meditate!

Morgan said...

It was for my Spirituality class - we had to attend a different religious service.

Dad thought too much to meditate....maybe I was just too tired to think!