Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oh, it'll be different.

I don't know why people always say, "oh, when you have kids, it'll be different." That statement will not excuse all behaviors, actions, smells, and so on.

I was having a conversation with someone the other day. She is a nursing major and was telling me stories to pass the time. She was talking about blood and paused to see if I was okay with it. I assured her, I was. Blood doesn't really bother me. I don't know why, it just doesn't.

However, she was telling me about a this patient who was REALLY large. Without grossing you out, we were talking about some very gross sounding things that occur with sick patients. I told her I was so not okay with things like that: ie throw up.

She laughed and said, "oh, when you have kids, it'll be different." I shook my head and said, "nope." She looked and me and I said, "I don't think becoming a mother will help my nose stop attaining the awful smell nor will it change my stomach's ability to properly keep food down myself as a result of the smell."

She looked at me with her mouth dropped open. I smiled, continued to work, and laughed to myself.

1 comment:

T. Brodie said...

Oh Morgan. Just wait... it'll change! Or at least that's what I hear around here.