Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Consumed with Coupons

So this week, Tim and I, as well as my friend Rachel, have been consumed with triple coupons at Harris Teeter.

With six trips in all (one in which I made an error and lost out on $12.25 of savings) we finished our week with a LOT of food. Our pantries are stuffed. We stockd up BIG TIME on a lot of items that last forever.

We spent a grand total of: $81.90. Slightly more than I thought we would......
But perfectly fine when our savings came out to a grand total of: $197.26! !!!

We saved 70.66% on our groceries! We ended up with 109 items, at an average of $.75 per item! We thankfully were able to donate some food to the pantry (it was so cheap or free, why not get it to share?) and some health products to a children's home.

I LOVE that my husband gets so excited about coupons with me now. I LOVE saving money. I LOVE that we have incomes and jobs, despites the ups and downs. I LOVE that we have opportunities to get advanced degrees. I LOVE that we have some good friends in Charlotte. I LOVE that I am slowly getting a photography business together. I LOVE that God has blessed us so wonderfully!

1 comment:

Erin Howell said...

sweet deals!!! I need to get in on the coupons!! I did it once, then slacked. Maybe one day I will get back to doing it again. What all did you get??