Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pushed off a 20 foot cliff.

I started a new job. I had been there as an intern. I was hesitant to start. First week, okay. Second week, yesterday not too great, today horrible. Now, I know you're like, "it's the second week, I'm sure it will get better." See, here is the thing. I love what I do. I don't mind the "extras" that come with what I do (the drug tests, the paperwork, the DSS and probation phone calls). No, see all of that is fine. I'm having no problems with that. I love my supervisor for licensing. I love the other childrens clinicians. I love the groups and I like my clients!

So, what's the problem? One lady - a boss. The same lady that made 3 people quit in October. The same lady who made several clinician lives miserable after they reported her to HR. (Side not: Lovely no retaliation policy there). The boss who has made it her mission to demean me, call me out, and yell at me whenever I stepped into the hall today. The lady who last week said, "we don't want you overwhelmed, we're here to support you." And if you think, everyone has problems with a boss every now and then, here is an idea of why it might be different.

Here is what happened: I was in training until 4 today. I HAVE to complete 10 hours in order to run this particular group. Because of pulling me out yesterday for something & today for something, I needed to stay the whole time. When I mentioned this I got told (in front of two other staff), "I needed you at 3 so (another clinician) could take her lunch. She's not going to get to eat now because of you."

Really? Because I have to be at a MANDATORY training that you knew about? Because I am the ONLY person in the entire building that can give this other clinician a break? Because she couldn't get up from her chair where she was gabbing (about non work stuff) to give the person a break? Nope, of course not. I was the sole reason someone else couldn't eat.

Great day at work huh? Sorry for venting but I really needed too. But mainly, I need prayers because if I'm going to stay here, something with this situation must change. So, please, I desperately ask that you pray for me & for this situation because right now, I'm flabbergasted.

No comments: