I'm amazed sometimes when I sit back and look at my life. It's hectic, it's challenging, it's beautiful, it's challenging, it's wonderful, it's everything. I see pain, suffering, struggle all day long. I hear stories that no one should have ever experienced. I see survivors, triumph, success. I hear stories that remind me that every day in life is a battle, a challenge. Some days I leave work so happy because I could see how I helped someone. Some days I leave drained, challenged to "leave work at work."
I come home to a great husband and a busy life. We're trying for so much. There is progress, setbacks, uncertainty, and great things on the horizon. Life is uncertain, life is complex. But I have life. In all the busy times, in all the struggle, in the setbacks, in the uncertainty, in the great things, in the progress, in the suprises, in the opportunities. I am blessed. My husband supports and encourages me in all that I do, in all that I want to do. I have a wonderful family and amazing friends. They encourage me, support me, listen to me, and give me advice when I need it. They wrap their love around me so that I will never forget that I am loved or alone. I have a job where I am helping people share their stories, to heal and move on, to cope, and to learn that they too are not alone. Simply put, I am blessed beyond measure. I have so much to be thankful for and that is what I need to focus on. I am loved, I am blessed, and God is great.
I just hope the words of this song continue to be true on the days where I am overwhelmed, stressed, and burdened, because I know there is so much going on: As your mercy falls, I raise my hands and I praise the God who gives and takes away. I'll praise you in this storm. And I will lift my hands. You are who you are, no matter where I am. Every tear I cry, you hold in your hands. Never left my side, although my heart is torn. I will praise you in this storm. I lift my eyes into the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. (Casting Crowns)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment