Another adventure begins..........
For two months now my lower back has been bothering me. It's been swollen and causing a lot of pain. Starting this week, I have a new wonderful symptom....tingling down my leg, foot, and into my toes.
I was told I had: paraspinal muscle spasms, slip disk, sacroillitis, and a lumbar strain. No, I don't have all of those. X-rays showed nothing. Muscle relaxers helped little. Steroids have helped reduce some swelling but have made me unbelievably HUNGRY and zombie-ish.
But finally, someone has an idea of what they are talking about. I met with a physical therapist this morning. Apparently, (we don't know which started first) but I have a back strain/problem with my piriformis muscle (I had to look up what muscle that was). That muscle is spasming and causing my nerve to be compressed and cause the tingling down my leg. It was hard to figure out whether or not the back pain caused the muscle spasms or the muscle spasms are causing the back pain. I am walking with a limp now.
However, after an ultrasound to heat the area and break up the toxins in the area and get blood flowing, and a massage of the area, I'm definately a little sore. I'm pretty much in some sort of constant pain, have constant tingling, and can't sit in one position for very long. I'll be doing PT a couple times a week, and go back to the specialist in two weeks to check in. Hopefully, it gets better.
After all of this though, all I could think was, "I'm too much like my mom."
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh man!! that stinks big time! I hope you start feeling better real soon!
As soon as you started, I immediately thought... "Gee, Mom!" Hope all goes well! Chris started therapy this week for his knee. Love you!
Wow! Hope that the PT works quickly and that everything starts to feel better.
Post a Comment