Friday, March 19, 2010

I've decided...

It's 6:00 in the morning and I've been awake since 4. I'm supposed to get up in 1 hour to get ready to head to Pittsburgh for a great conference. I've been looking forward to this since last year. This conference is wonderful and I'm going with two amazing ladies. Everything, including the weather was looking good.

Until Tuesday night. I suddenly became super sick. Tim called my work on Wednesday (which I am super thankful for, because being my stubborn self I was attempting to go, when I could barely stand). It started with a sore throat. Within one day time, I had sore throat, chills, 102 fever, cough, and was absolutely MISERABLE. However, I did manage to sleep over 24 hours in 36 hours time. That was pretty nice. I had to call out on Thursday, and I went in to the doctor, with little voice (it fades in and out). Apparently, I have a bunch of fluid in my ears in addition.

So, what have I decided? My body is revolting against me. Mucinex D does NOT make me stop coughing, it actually keeps me up all night coughing, worse than before. My old doctors were amazing at clearing this stuff up (meaning my new doctor stinks). Tim is a great take care of you person - he got my every whim of GingerAle and Gatorade and was stubborn in making me stay home from work, which I needed.

Meanwhile, I'm continuing to lose weight. : ) My journey continues....13 days to go to see the progress I've made.

No comments: